How to Drain a Master Spa Hot Tub
This entry was posted on April 1 2019.
Draining your hot tub is easier than you think! I know, you're as excited as we are about this, aren't you?!
When it comes to hot tub maintenance, there are many things you need to do to ensure your spa stays clean, continues to run well, and lasts for years to come. This comes in the form of cleaning your spa filter, using proper chemicals, and you guessed it…. draining your hot tub!
With regular maintenance, you won’t have to worry about the draining and cleaning of your Master Spa hot tub too often. However, we recommend draining your spa at least twice a year, if not quarterly. When that time comes, here are step-by-step, easy to follow (and execute) instructions for how to drain a hot tub:
1. Find the main drain.
2. Grip the drain cap and pull this assembly out.
3. Attach a water hose to direct the draining water.
4. Unscrew the cap and push back in to start water flow.
5. Draining times may vary between 1.5 to 4 hours.
6. Wipe down any debris, flush water through, use a little hot tub cleaning polish.
7. Refill! Voila! You've done it!
Now here are some essential hot tub draining general tips to make the process go as smooth as can be:
• The main drain is located behind the front panel on the far right side on most models. You’ll need to unscrew the panel to get to the drain cap.
• To keep your plants safe and to channel the flow of water in a functional direction, attach a water hose so you can direct to where you are draining this water.
• If the chlorine level is not high you can drain the water on your lawn.
• When the water is at a very low level or once the hot tub is drained completely, you can use this opportunity to use any of the appropriate cleaning products here on the Master Spa site (as stated above). Be sure to follow the instructions on the cleaning products as everything has a specific use.
• Before you refill your hot tub, be sure to flush water through a couple more time to ensure that all the cleaning agents or residual debris are flushed through the water pipes, leaving a brand new hot tub feeling all over again when you are ready to refill.
See how easy that all was? You will be a pro at draining and refilling your hot tub in no time if you follow the step-by-step instructions above.
But if you have any additional questions on how to drain your Master Spa, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service center today!