Hot Tub Jets Troubleshooting
Whether one or more of the jets aren’t working, operating at full speed, producing bubbles or more, we have simple fixes for you to try. Please take a look below at our tips for troubleshooting your jets.
In any case, if your jets are not working properly please check the following things first before moving on:
- Check that the water level in your hot tub is correct
- Change all dirty filters that could be slowing the flow of water by replacing them with new filters
- Check to make sure that the jet itself is turned to the on position
If it’s none of the above, take a look at other common questions here...
An Individual Jet in my Hot Tub is Not Working
- First check to make sure that the jet is in the on position, you can do this by turning the jet 1⁄4 turn.
- If the jet is in the on position the next thing to check would be to check to see if the jet is clogged, you can do this by simply turning the jet counter clockwise and removing it. If you remove the jet and there is water coming through then look in the stem of the jet to check to see if there is block- age. Remove blockage and reinsert the jet. Test to see if it is working.
A Section of my Hot Tub Jets are Not Working
- First check to make sure that the pump for that seat or seats is working.
- If you turn the pump on and it is moving water you most likely have to change the position of the diverter to the other section of jets. If you turn the pump on and isn’t moving water than you need to trouble shoot the pump.
Reduced Power from my Jets
- First make sure that the jet is completely turned to the on position.
- If the jet is fully turned on and the problem continues I would check to make sure that the jet isn’t clogged. You can accomplish this by removing the jet and making sure that there is no blockage. Once you remove the jet check to see if you have water movement out of the jet body. If you have water movement with the jet removed look in the stem of the jet and remove the blockage. Reinsert the jet.