|Chemical||What it Does||How to Use it|
Checks for recommended level of chemicals
- 1. Dip a strip into water and remove immediately
- 2. Hold strip level for 15 seconds (do not shake water from strip)
- 3. Compare pads to color chart
Raises calcium hardness
- 1. Test hot tub water for total hardness
- 2. Dilute SpaBoss cal-Rise (1 oz is about 1 capful) in a bucket of water before adding to spa water
|if the total hardness reading is:
||And this much Cal-Rise per 250 gallons of spa water:
||Raises total alkalinity
- 1. Test your hot tub water with test strips regularly for total alkalinity.
- 2. Add SpaBoss Alka Rise by the capful.
|If the total level is:
||Add this much Alka-Rise per 250 gallons of spa water
||Raises pH; helps prevent eye and skin irritation
- 1. Test hot tub water daily for chemical levels including pH.
- 2. Add 1 oz of SpaBoss pH Plus per 250 gallons of water if levels are below 7.2.
- 3. Test again after 1 hour of circulation and repeat if necessary.
||Lowers pH and total alkalinity
- 1. Add pH Minus 1 oz at a time for every 250 gallons if pH level is between 7.8-8.0.
- 2. If the level is higher than that at 2.0 per 250 gallons.
- 3. Test after 1 hour and add more pH Minus as needed.
- 4. Test the hot tub water regularly to keep levels in a healthy range.
||Chlorine sanitizing agent
- 1. For Master Spas with eco pur filtration use a capful per 500 gallons once a week.
- 2. For other hot tubs and Master Spas not using the eco pur filtration, you will need to maintain 3 to 5 ppm chlorine level.
||Oxidizes organic contaminants
- 1. Add a capful (1 oz) per 500 gallons after each use.
- 2. Shock the water every week even when not using the hot tub regularly.
||Defoamer temporarily removes foam
- 1.Circulate the water by turning on the filtration system.
- 2. Squirt small amount of SpaBoss Defoamer on foaming area.
- 3. Use only when needed to get rid of excess foam.
||Helps combine small particles for clear water
- 1. With a full hot tub, turn on the filter system.
- 2. Add ½ oz per 250 gallons of water.
- 3. Filter the water for at least 2 hours.
- 4. Add ½ oz per 250 gallons once a week for ongoing maintenance.
||Enzyme that helps break down oils
- 1. Add 2 ounces per 250 gallons of SpaBoss Descummer once a week or twice a week for frequent use.
||Sequestering agent that prevents staining and scale formation
- 1. Add SpaBoss Prevent II when your hot tub is filled: 4 oz per 500 gallons.
- 2. Add disinfectant after 1 hour of running the circulation system.
- 3. Add SpaBoss Prevent II once a week: 2 oz per 500 gallons.
||Filter cleaner and performance improver with pH indicator
- 1. Always dissolve Filter Free in plastic bucket containing lukewarm water before soaking filter cartridge.
- 2. For deep cleaning, use 1 lb. Filter Free to 5 gallons of lukewarm water.
- 3. For regular maintenance, use ½ lb. of Filter Free.
- 4. Stir in Filter Free until it is dissolved and the water color is Red.
- 5. After product is dissolved, remove filter cartridges from hot tub and soak in the bucket overnight.
- 6. Rinse thoroughly after soaking and replace into hot tub.
- 7. If the filter cartridge cannot be removed from the hot tub, turn off filtration system and drain water frim filter.
- 8. Add SpaBoss Filter Free solution directly into filter tank. Use a sufficient amount of the solution to cover the cartridge.
- 9. Leave overnight and drain, then make sure to backwash thoroughly to rinse the filter cartridge.
|ProLine Dual Action Cartridge Cleaner
||Concentrated cleaning solution designed specifically for
removal of oils, grease, soaps, minerals, and scale restoring filter to original condition.
- 1. Shut the hot tub down and remove the filter cartridge.
- 2. For instant use:
- Rinse filter cartridge thoroughly to remove any loose matter or debris.
- While the filter is wet, spray Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner on filter and let set for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse the filter cartridge thoroughly and reinstall into hot tub.
*Note: It is recommended that you soak the filter cartridge in a solution of Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner for 8-12 hours every 3-4 months.
- 1. Directions for deep cleaning
- Remove filter cartridge from the hot tub
- In a bucket mix 1 part Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner to 10 parts water ( 1 qt. to 2.5 gallons)
- Soak the filter for 8-12 hours
- Rinse thoroughly and reinstall into hot tub.
|ProLine Jet Line Cleaner
||Clears spas and jetted bath tub plumbing of organics, oils, dirt, minerals, and biofilm.
- 1. Remove the filter cartridge and clean separately with Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner
- 2. Before the spa is drained, add entire bottle of Proline Jet Line Cleaner to the spas warm water through the skimmer.
- 3. Turn the pump ON and run the jets for 15 minutes. (Ensure that the filter is not in the spa).
- 4. Turn the power off to the hot tub and let sit for 1 hour
- 5. Turn power ON, and run all jet pumps for 15 minutes.
- 6. Drain the spa, hosing off the entire inside spa walls while draining. When empty rinse 1 more time and remove all excess water.
- 7. Refill the spa according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
*Note: Some residual foaming may occur, if so, use an anti-foaming agent to suppress the foam.