|Chemical ||What it Does ||How to Use it |
|Test Strips || |
Checks for recommended level of chemicals
- 1. Dip a strip into water and remove immediately
- 2. Hold strip level for 15 seconds (do not shake water from strip)
- 3. Compare pads to color chart
|Cal Rise || |
Raises calcium hardness
- 1. Test hot tub water for total hardness
- 2. Dilute SpaBoss cal-Rise (1 oz is about 1 capful) in a bucket of water before adding to spa water
|if the total hardness reading is: ||And this much Cal-Rise per 250 gallons of spa water: |
|0-20 ppm ||9 ounces |
|40 ppm ||7 ounces |
|80 ppm ||6 ounces |
|120 ppm ||4 ounces |
|160 ppm ||3 ounces |
|180 ppm ||2 ounces |
|200-300 ppm ||Idel Conditions |
|Alka-Rise ||Raises total alkalinity || |
- 1. Test your hot tub water with test strips regularly for total alkalinity.
- 2. Add SpaBoss Alka Rise by the capful.
|If the total level is: ||Add this much Alka-Rise per 250 gallons of spa water |
|120-150 ||NONE |
|85 ||1 ounce |
|70 ||2 ounces |
|55 ||2 ounces |
|40 ||5 ounces |
|35 ||7 ounces |
|pH + ||Raises pH; helps prevent eye and skin irritation || |
- 1. Test hot tub water daily for chemical levels including pH.
- 2. Add 1 oz of SpaBoss pH Plus per 250 gallons of water if levels are below 7.2.
- 3. Test again after 1 hour of circulation and repeat if necessary.
|pH - ||Lowers pH and total alkalinity || |
- 1. Add pH Minus 1 oz at a time for every 250 gallons if pH level is between 7.8-8.0.
- 2. If the level is higher than that at 2.0 per 250 gallons.
- 3. Test after 1 hour and add more pH Minus as needed.
- 4. Test the hot tub water regularly to keep levels in a healthy range.
|Chlor-Aid ||Chlorine sanitizing agent || |
- 1. For Master Spas with eco pur filtration use a capful per 500 gallons once a week.
- 2. For other hot tubs and Master Spas not using the eco pur filtration, you will need to maintain 3 to 5 ppm chlorine level.
|Spa Shock ||Oxidizes organic contaminants || |
- 1. Add a capful (1 oz) per 500 gallons after each use.
- 2. Shock the water every week even when not using the hot tub regularly.
|Defoamer ||Defoamer temporarily removes foam || |
- 1.Circulate the water by turning on the filtration system.
- 2. Squirt small amount of SpaBoss Defoamer on foaming area.
- 3. Use only when needed to get rid of excess foam.
|Spa Clear ||Helps combine small particles for clear water || |
- 1. With a full hot tub, turn on the filter system.
- 2. Add ½ oz per 250 gallons of water.
- 3. Filter the water for at least 2 hours.
- 4. Add ½ oz per 250 gallons once a week for ongoing maintenance.
|Descummer ||Enzyme that helps break down oils || |
- 1. Add 2 ounces per 250 gallons of SpaBoss Descummer once a week or twice a week for frequent use.
|Prevent II ||Sequestering agent that prevents staining and scale formation || |
- 1. Add SpaBoss Prevent II when your hot tub is filled: 4 oz per 500 gallons.
- 2. Add disinfectant after 1 hour of running the circulation system.
- 3. Add SpaBoss Prevent II once a week: 2 oz per 500 gallons.
|Filter Free ||Filter cleaner and performance improver with pH indicator || |
- 1. Always dissolve Filter Free in plastic bucket containing lukewarm water before soaking filter cartridge.
- 2. For deep cleaning, use 1 lb. Filter Free to 5 gallons of lukewarm water.
- 3. For regular maintenance, use ½ lb. of Filter Free.
- 4. Stir in Filter Free until it is dissolved and the water color is Red.
- 5. After product is dissolved, remove filter cartridges from hot tub and soak in the bucket overnight.
- 6. Rinse thoroughly after soaking and replace into hot tub.
- 7. If the filter cartridge cannot be removed from the hot tub, turn off filtration system and drain water frim filter.
- 8. Add SpaBoss Filter Free solution directly into filter tank. Use a sufficient amount of the solution to cover the cartridge.
- 9. Leave overnight and drain, then make sure to backwash thoroughly to rinse the filter cartridge.
|ProLine Dual Action Cartridge Cleaner ||Concentrated cleaning solution designed specifically for |
removal of oils, grease, soaps, minerals, and scale restoring filter to original condition.
- 1. Shut the hot tub down and remove the filter cartridge.
- 2. For instant use:
- Rinse filter cartridge thoroughly to remove any loose matter or debris.
- While the filter is wet, spray Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner on filter and let set for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse the filter cartridge thoroughly and reinstall into hot tub.
*Note: It is recommended that you soak the filter cartridge in a solution of Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner for 8-12 hours every 3-4 months.
- 1. Directions for deep cleaning
- Remove filter cartridge from the hot tub
- In a bucket mix 1 part Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner to 10 parts water ( 1 qt. to 2.5 gallons)
- Soak the filter for 8-12 hours
- Rinse thoroughly and reinstall into hot tub.
|ProLine Jet Line Cleaner ||Clears spas and jetted bath tub plumbing of organics, oils, dirt, minerals, and biofilm. || |
- 1. Remove the filter cartridge and clean separately with Proline Dual Action Filter Cleaner
- 2. Before the spa is drained, add entire bottle of Proline Jet Line Cleaner to the spas warm water through the skimmer.
- 3. Turn the pump ON and run the jets for 15 minutes. (Ensure that the filter is not in the spa).
- 4. Turn the power off to the hot tub and let sit for 1 hour
- 5. Turn power ON, and run all jet pumps for 15 minutes.
- 6. Drain the spa, hosing off the entire inside spa walls while draining. When empty rinse 1 more time and remove all excess water.
- 7. Refill the spa according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
*Note: Some residual foaming may occur, if so, use an anti-foaming agent to suppress the foam.