There are many FAQs when it comes to AquaChek products - and we have compiled them all below! This includes AquaChek Test Strips and the Tru Test Reader.
AquaChek TruTest Questions
I am getting different readings when testing with my TruTest meter. Does my meter need to be recalibrated or what could cause the difference in my readings?
There is a factory set calibration that will last for the life of your TruTest meter. There can be some slight variations between readings when using the meter. However, the readings it shows will be equal to the accuracy of using an regular AquaChek Test Strip.
BUT, if your readings don't seem to make sense, here are some items you can do to troubleshoot:
- Use TruTest test strips (not another brand)
- Lightly shake, don't wipe the test strip before putting it in the meter
- Put the strip on the test screen and do not slip the strip in. Be sure you to place the first pad by the top of the strip, onto the window, then lower the rest of the strip down onto the window.
- Shade the meter with your hand during the reading (or use the sun shield)
- Take a cotton swab or cleaning item and lightly tap the back of the test strip to ensure the test pads are making contact with the testing window.
- Make sure there are no scratches on the testing window.
- Be sure the glass is clean - residual from other tests can cross-contaminate.
- Clean the window making sure the mad makes contact with the testing window.
- Store strips in cool/dry place (as mentioned above)
I am getting an ER2 message on my TruTest Meter, what should I do?
When excessive light enters the system it can interfer with the TruTest Meter. Try shielding the strip window by blocking the light in order to protect against this.
I’m getting a "LO" on ALK and no value for pH or CL on my TruTest meter. Is this an error? My chemical test kit says Cl is fine and the pH is out of range.
If there is an error code that says "LO", that means the battery power is low. Replace the batteries and it should correct the problem.
How should I clean my TruTest meter?
Using a simple wipe on the test strip window, and water on the other surfaces will effectively clean the TruTest meter.
Should I "place" or "slide" the TruTest test strip onto the TruTest Reader strip window?
DO NOT slide the test strip into the window. This is a sure way to get inaccurate readings. Place the first pad near the top of the strip, onto the window first. Once you do that, lower the rest of the strip onto the window.
What will happen if my TruTest meter falls into my pool or spa?
Your meter is meant to winthstand this kind of issue. It will float when it hits the water - so If this happens, remove the meter and take out the batteries and dry completely. Replace with dry batteries and it should return to its full performance!
Can I use the TruTest meter in a hot tub with a salt generator?
YES, both TruTest meters (blue and red) can be used in hot tubs with salt systems. As stated with the test strips, this system also won't work in extrmely high-salt applications.
What is the difference between the red TruTest and the blue TruTest readers?
The red TruTest gives results for total bromine, pH, and Total alkalinity - while the blue TruTest gives results for free chlorine, pH, and total alkalinity.