Some common issues with hot tub pumps can range from an air locked pump, the pump is just not working, there is humming when the pump turns on, your pump leaks, etc. If you’re experiencing any of those problems, let’s see if we can help you fix that and continue on with a hassle free hot tubbing experience! Check out some common issues below...
Be sure to first identify where the pump is leaking from...
- If it is leaking where the plumbing meets the pump they would need to replace the O-ring.
- If it is leaking by one of the freeze plugs they need to replace the freeze plug.
- If the face of the pump or the shaft of the pump is leaking they need to replace the pump.
Air locked pump:
Watch below to see how to un-airlock hot tub pumps.
If you have any questions on this please contact us today!
Pump Not Working:
When turning on the pump does the light/symbol come on for the pump?-OR-
Do you hear a click in the control board area?
• If this is happening, in most cases this would indicate a fuse on your circuit board is blown. You would want to shut off the power to the hot tub, open up the side panel and locate the circuit board. Once you are looking at the circuit board you want to locate all of the fuses (all circuit boards are different and the amount of fuses vary). The easiest way to test a fuse is to use a volt meter and ohm them out. Find the bad fuse and replace.
When turning on the pump does the light/ symbol come on for the pump?-OR-
Do you hear the pump trying to run?
- In this case the pump could be air locked.
- You may also want to check to make sure that they circuit board is sending the correct power to the pump. Sometimes a relay can get stuck and cause power issues.
*Please note that when it comes pump seals, we unfortunately don’t sell them. If you are in need of a replacement, please contact us and we can help point you in the right direction.Additional questions? Contact Us!