Six Steps to Draining Your Master Spa
Draining your hot tub is way easier than you think. To ensure your spa stays clean and continues to run well - its important to drain your hot tub every once in a while. We recommend draining your spa twice a year, if not that, quarterly. When that time comes, follow these step-by-step directions below:
Step 1: Find the main drain of the hot tub.
Step 2: Grip the drain cap and pull the assembly out.
Step 3: Attach a water hose to direct the draining water.
Step 4: Unscrew the cap and push back in, to start the water flow.
Step 5: Draining will begin. Be mindful that draining times may vary between 1.5 and 4 hours.
Step 6: Wipe down any debris you see, and simply flush the water through before refilling hot tub.
- Remember that the drain is located behind the front panel of your hot tub, on the right hand side (typically, on most models). When you locate it, unscrew the panel first to access the cap
- If you have a sump pump , it will speed up the process of draining your spa.
- Water that is dripped from the drain is totally normal!
- If the level of cholorine isn’t very high, feel free to drain the water on your lawn
- In order to keep all plants safe during draining process, make sure the water is flowing in a different direction by using a hose (as referenced above)
- Once drained (or water is super low), feel free to use your hot tub cleaning products like SpaBoss Cleaners, and wipe down all of the gunk that has built up inside your tub.
- Flush water multiple times from hot tub before refilling to ensure everything is properly clean and flushed through.